Prevent Gum Disease & Preserve Your Overall Health
Your dental health plays an important part in your general health and your confidence in your appearance every day. Scheduling a biannual dental checkup at Lodi Valley Dental is one of the simplest and most effective ways to protect your dental health. Your family dentist will not only provide the important preventive care you need to reduce your risk for common dental concerns, but also offer targeted treatment that includes dental fillings, endodontics, and periodontal care to quickly address dental disease if it does occur.
Our general dental services include:
- Cleanings: Professional dental cleanings are crucial for the overall maintenance of oral health. By regularly removing the buildup of plaque and tartar, your teeth and gums will be much less vulnerable to infection or disease.
- Fluoride Treatments: One of the best ways to prevent tooth decay is by strengthening the enamel on your teeth through the regular application of fluoride. It bonds to tooth enamel to minimize the damage done by acids and sugars.
- Sealants: Dental sealants protect hard-to-reach teeth against decay through the application of a plastic resin in tooth pits and fissures. Our team can carefully apply the sealant to ensure you receive the proper results.
- Bridges: A dental bridge spans the gap created by a missing tooth—filling it with a natural-looking replacement. The bridge remains in place by attaching to the teeth on either side. Bridges can improve your health as well as your ability to speak and chew.
- Crowns: Stained, cracked, or chipped teeth can be repaired and protected through the application of a porcelain dental crown. We can select a color and shape that is specifically designed to match the rest of your teeth.
- Dentures: For patients who have lost all their teeth, dentures are a great way to improve your overall appearance as well as your health. Dentures come in a variety of options including full or partial sets.
- Fillings: Today’s tooth fillings seamlessly blend with the color of your damaged tooth—while repairing cavities that result from decay. The long-lasting material can protect your tooth from further damage.
- Root Canals: A root canal allows damaged teeth to be treated and rehabilitated instead of being pulled. Our skilled dentists can perform a root canal to preserve your overall health and prevent decay.
- Cancer Screenings: The successful treatment of oral cancer begins with early detection. Cancer screening is a routine part of the dental examination. We can catch any symptoms early on to increase your chances of treating cancer before it worsens.
What to Expect During Your Dental Checkup
A dental checkup consists of several different services during a single visit to your dental clinic. Knowing what to expect during your checkup can help you get more from this important commitment to your long-term dental health.
- During each checkup, you will be asked to update your dental clinic on your general health. Because many medications and health changes can affect your teeth and gums, such as diabetes, heart disease, and even pregnancy, your dentist needs this information to better develop a personalized dentistry plan.
- You will receive both X-rays and a visual exam of your teeth and gums, including an oral cancer screening. This multifaceted approach allows your dental team to identify the earliest signs of dental disease and take action quickly to treat it.
- Your dental checkup is also a great opportunity to talk to your dentist about changes or concerns associated with your dental health, as well as a chance to review the best at-home teeth cleaning techniques and products to maintain oral health between your dental visits.
Signs You Should Visit Your Dentist
Even if you regularly schedule biannual dental checkups with your family dentist, there are some dental health signs that indicate you may need to visit your dentist for additional treatment. If you’d like to find out more about maintaining excellent oral health near Lodi, WI, please call us at (608) 592-4398.
- Tooth pain lasting more than a day is an indication that you may have developed a deeper infection that needs a dental filling or root canal therapy. Even if your pain subsides, it’s still best to schedule a checkup with your dentist promptly.
- The development of unexplained or persistent bad breath, tooth sensitivity, or changes in the color of the tissues of your mouth should be addressed by your dentist, as these are often changes associated with dental disease.
- Bleeding from your gums when you brush and floss is an early sign of gum disease, which can only be treated through professional dental cleaning. If you notice bleeding or tender gums, contact your dental clinic to schedule an appointment.